The TRACER 5 pXRF spectrometer series
Bruker TRACER 5g is the most advanced portable XRF in our hire fleet, making it ideal for analysis of complex materials and for research based projects.
About Bruker TRACER 5g :
- Quickly and accurately report the elemental analysis of your sample.
- Bruker’s patented SharpBeam™ Optimised Geometry to improves measurement precision, detection limits, reducing power requirements to increase battery life
- Analyse with ease with a pXRF designed for “point and shoot”
- Measurements can be taken in air, vacuum or helium atmosphere depending on analysis aim.
- Customizable to your needs with complete control of excitation conditions and automated filter wheel AND/OR manual filter slot
- Relaxed Hand Grip™ strap for comfort and security
- Internal camera with adjustable LED for full view allows you to align your analysis spot perfectly
- EasyAccess™ Rail for on-the-go accessories
- See in all lighting conditions thanks to the colour touchscreen LCD
- Available calibrations are as diverse as the list of applications, but if you don’t find a calibration to match your application, we can customize a calibration to perfectly fit your requirements. Read about our custom calibrations here.
Or, you can purchase your own TRACER 5g. Review extra features and benefits here.
About Portable XRF
The portable X-ray Fluorescence (pXRF) technique generates indicative element concentrations, through the use of a generic calibration setup. By using the pXRF with the accompaniment of a thorough QAQC procedure, you will be able to acquire a comprehensive element and concentration range that is ideal for:
- Investigating the composition of most materials (e.g., soil samples, drill pulps and grade control samples)
- Screen large volumes of samples, quickly and efficiently
- Receive reliable instant results onsite (e.g., for a wide range of trace and ore grade elements)
- Analyse with minimal sample preparation
If you are unsure about which instrument and calibration best suits your application, our technical staff are more than happy to provide specialised knowledge to make sure you are provided with a unit that best fits your application.
|Display||High performance 3.7″ Interactive touchscreen|
|Collimator Options||3mm or 8mm|
|Data Storage & Transfer||Data storage card, I/O ports, WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity to save and transmit data from the field|
|Integrated Camera||Internal VGA CMOS camera with ability to store up to 5 photos per assay|
|Weight||1.9kg with battery|
|Dimensions||L27.3 x W9.4 x H29.5cm|
|Detector||Proprietary 40mm2 silicon drift detector with < 140 eV @ 250,000 cps Mn Kα|
|X-ray Tube||Rh target thin window; max voltage 50 kV|
|Filter Changer||Selectable automated internal 5 position primary beam filter changer wheel with pre-installed filters; manual insertion filter/secondary target slot for factory or user-made filters; two manual filter holders|
|Vacuum Pump Attachment||Allows for enhanced light element sensitivity|
|Gas Flow Chamber||Allows for the measurement of gases down to Ne|
|Stand||Desktop application stand included|
The TRACER 5g incorporates a new detector with a 1 μm graphene window. The graphene window replaces the traditional 8 μm beryllium window.
This ground-breaking window is one of the first commercial uses for graphene, an advanced material composed of atomic layers of carbon atoms arranged in hexagonal lattices. While the graphene is extremely thin its unique structure makes it extremely strong.
The graphene window has higher transmission of X-rays throughout the energy spectrum and dramatically improves the transmission for light elements:
- 3X sensitivity for Sodium (Na)1
- 2X sensitivity for Magnesium (Mg)1
- 300 ppm Detection Limit for Na with He2
- 100 ppm Detection limit for Mg with He2
- Detection of Fluorine (F)