Mobile Large Area Micro-XRF Spectrometer
CRONO is a mobile and reconfigurable fast micro-XRF scanner. Based on the EDXRF technique, it has been designed for in-situ, non-destructive and high speed examination of large objects.
The XRF components ate fully integrates into a compact measurement head and allow the detection of elements in the range from Na to U with good efficiency even in the region below 2 keV and above 25 keV (e.g. Sn, Sb, and Ba K-edge emissions)
The system works in a complete non-contact mode at 1cm distance from the sample. The analysis area is always under control thanks to several monitoring systems.
The CRONO’s software allows complete instrument control and monitoring from one interface which shows spectra and maps even while acquisition is running. A spectrum is stored for every pixel.
- Rh-target 10-50 kV X-ray rube Excitation
- Large area 50mm² SDD with CUBE technology detection
- DANTE digital pulse processor with high resolution and count rate performance
- Three software selectable collimators, typically 0.5mm, 1mm and 2mm diameter
- Analysis Range: Na (Z = 11) to U (Z = 92), light elements capable down to Na with optional He purge
- Integrated video microscope camera for magnified image of the analysis area
- Measurement head W x D x H: 280mm x 150mm x 150mm
- Weighs 3KG